Michael's Birthday - 08/08/08

baby

Friday, February 24, 2012

Sarah's Birthday, Part 1 - The OR

Sarah was a scheduled c-section for February 2, 2012.  My doctor gave me two options for a date - January 30 or February 2.  I took the 2nd so that her birthday would be 2.2.12. 

The night before she was born, we took Michael to Bruster's for some ice cream.  Pammy came over later that night to stay since we'd be up and leaving for the hospital the next morning around 4:45.  

The day she was born was kind of surreal since it was scheduled.  Michael came 17 days early, so I wasn't 100% ready.  Knowing when Sarah would come, as long as she didn't come early, was a little strange!  We were up really early and at the hospital at 5:30 a.m.  The morning is kind of a blur.  I was having contractions, but nothing regular, so she was apparently content to stay in there a little while longer!  I had a spinal and an epidural, and before I knew it, we were wheeling down the hallway to the OR.  I felt like I was on Grey's Anatomy!  Surgery started a little after 7:15 (I think), and she was here at 7:56 a.m.  She was LARGE - my doctor was very glad I had elected to have a c-section when she weighed in at 9 lbs 13 oz!  I still can't believe she was that big.  I remember thinking two things when Kenneth told me her weight: 1) I don't have babies that big! and 2) She's not going to be able to wear the super cute newborn size outfits we have!  

All-in-all, it was a wonderful morning.  What made it all the more wonderful was having a precious baby girl to make our family complete!

2.1.12 (39 weeks & 4 days)
The night before Sarah's arrival...

2.2.12
9 lbs. 13 oz - Big girl!




Sarah's footprints were stamped on Kenneth's gown.  We cut them out and saved them for her baby book.



The first time I saw her...





Proud Daddy...

No comments: