It's funny how being a mom changes your perspective on many things in life. One thing I've come to better understand is my mother's love for me. Women always say that there aren't words to describe a mother's love for her child, and I must agree with that. So, thank you to my mama for the unconditional love you gave to me throughout my life...you set a wonderful example. I would also like to thank Pam for raising Kenneth to be such a wonderful man, husband, and father. Michael and I am blessed every day by his generosity, and I know that he learned that at home. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Now...moving on! I had a FABULOUS first official Mother's Day! Kenneth got up with Michael so that I could sleep in, however, I couldn't seem to really fall back asleep. So I was up at 7:15...but no worries since I got a nice Sunday afternoon nap later in the day! :o) Anyway, I came out of our bedroom to find my Mother's Day gifts on the kitchen counter. I got windshield wipers (which I was surprisingly VERY excited about), a gift certificate for a pedicure, and a set of Patty Cakes (see picture below).
We had a great church service, and I was super excited to get to take part in receiving a carnation for being a mother! It's the little things in life, right?! We had a nice lunch at Carrabba's after church, ran a few errands, and spent the rest of the day relaxing at home. I couldn't have asked for anything else!
Michael's 9 month hand and foot!
This is my Patty Cakes. A teacher from my school got us a gift certificate to have a set done as a shower gift, and Kenneth had it done on Wednesday. It takes 10 weeks to get them cast in bronze, so he took a picture of the mold so I'd have something to see. So cute! I'll post pictures of the real thing this summer when it comes in!

(I know I look awkwardly little ...I didn't scoot my chair over, I just got out of it and leaned down by Michael. There wasn't much room behind me to scoot my chair!)
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment