Michael's Birthday - 08/08/08

baby

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sanibel Island - 2011

I was a slacker when it came to documenting our trip to Sanibel this year. I spent a decent amount of the trip feeling pretty green due to the joys of my first trimester. Michael, Mimi, Mom, and I headed down Sunday. Mimi's friend Lynn arrived that evening, and Jenn, Harrison, and Max joined us Tuesday. We had a great week considering how I was feeling. Michael slept in the King-size bed with me, which I loved! He was my little snuggle-buddy during nap-time and night-time. We enjoyed a couple of meals out...Mucky Duck, Cheeburger, Cheeburger....and spent a lot of time at the pool with the boys. We also took a drive through Ding Darling Nature Reserve in hopes of spotting an alligator, but it was rainy and we didn't see any even though we knew they were there! One morning, Mimi and Lynn came back from their walk on the beach and said there was a shark that had washed ashore. Everyone but me trekked down to the beach to see it, and Jenn took a few pictures with her Blackberry to send to the men in our families. You can't tell in the pictures, but Michael was there! He didn't want to get too close.


Michael liked to "fish" in the pool with the noodles...

Dinner time!
Michael's first time on a two-wheeler. It was a little big, so this wasn't a very fun experience for him...
Harrison, our bicycle-riding-pro...
Sweet Max...
Gammi was such a trooper this week. I wouldn't have made it if she hadn't been there!
I'm really excited about next year because I'll be bringing another baby, and I'll hopefully be feeling much better and able to enjoy the week more. Thanks to Mimi for always being a gracious hostess the week of Sanibel!

No comments: